Service Experiences and Help

View what others have to say or comment your questions and/or feedback bellow.

I am glad to proclaim that I too am happily divorced! Thank you for your assistance to make that happen.
* Eninzah *
Rated their experience 10/10
Goeie dag Geskei en klaar. Dankie weereens
* S Toerien *
Rated their experience 10/10
Thank you so much for amending all my documents. I truly appreciate your help. I have just forwarded your office line to another person who is looking to get divorced and I recommended you and your company. Thank you again. Have a great day further. Kind Regards,
* Shane B *
Rated their experience 10/10
I honestly believe that kids are better of with one parent then 2 parents who are constantly fighting! kids need to be raised in a stable and happy environment
* Anonymous *
Rated their experience 10/10
Thank you for your guidance and assistance. It made a terrible experience quick and less traumatic.
* L Smith *
Rated their experience 9/10
Thank you DIY LAW. I finalised my divorce yesterday and it was a breeze. Just a pity about the level of helpfulness one receives from the court officials sometimes? All in all a good experience!
* John *
Rated their experience 10/10

Leave a Comment

Note that your name is not required in leaving a comment.
Note that we require your email address to notify you of any replies and that it will only be made visible to the websites administrator.

Frequently Asked Questions

I am married out of community of property and my wife is claiming maintenance. We have no children together, no assets or liabilities, and she has always worked, and I have never paid maintenance to her. I live in Mozambique, and do not have a South African bank account, but her attorneys are demanding information regarding my status in Mozambique, including a list of my assets, etc. Please advise what your charge would be to attend to this matter. We were previously with another attorney, but they withdrew from this case with no prior notice, and we believe that there is a court ruling to pay maintenance, which we were not aware of until this month.
Ian, This is not a matter that DIY Law can assist with, you require the assistance of an attorney. Riaan Scheepers from Cawood Attorneys will send you a direct email. Regards,
Good day Please can you provide me with a telephone no as i got some questions i need clarification on. Kind regards
Sharon, I will send a email to you with the relevant information. Regards,
Hi, By using this service am I still required to go to court ?
You will have to attend Court. The good news is that you receive a step by step guide to ensure that all is ready for your Court appearance and it is not something that you should be concerned about.
Good evening I would like to have some help to get divorce just to say that I do have 2minors one 11 and the other 14 I understand the fees upfront are almost900 and the 150 for the Sherrif to deliver plse if any assistance is available.
Christine, Indeed the R890 is payable, where after you will immediately receive login details to proceed with the online divorce application. I will provide you with more information per email. Regards,
Goeie dag ek en my man wil skei ons het 'n skikking opgetrek tussen ons. Maar ek weet nie hoe om verder te gaan met die hof en dagvaardiging nie. kan u asb advise gee ons bly in Dinwiddie Germiston. Magda
Magda, We will send an email to you directly in reply to your query. Regards,
Hi If i make of your services and there are no contesting or policies or children or any assets involved and both parties agree to set out documents. How long will the divorce take to go through.
Because you handle the divorce yourself, it will depend on the time you take to follow the step by step guide that will be provided to you. It also depends on where the court dates of your local court is. It shouldn't however take more than 2-3 months to finalise. It can be much sooner though.
My girlfriend wants to divorce but she doesn't have any stable job yet is it possible to get get her some help so the divorce can be done faste she is willing to pay but dont have the money all at once.
Ruan, We will be able to assist your girlfriend with her divorce. Unfortunately the DIY Law program is set up in such a way that the payment of R890 must be made at once to proceed with the online divorce application. There is not an option to pay in installments at this point in time. Regards,

Other User Comments

I would like to get divorced ASAP. I'm unemployed and have very little savings. How do I begin. Please help
-- Nombuso Ndlovu
Nombuso, Thank you for your comment. DIY Law Divorce is just the service for you. You may proceed to the Home page of DIY Law, and follow the 4 easy steps. After payment is made in Step 2, you will be directed to complete the forms. Once completed, the PDF documents will be sent to your email address, along with a step-by-step guide on how to proceed with the divorce in person. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Good day, I am a Zimbabwe citizen, living in SA for the last 3 years. I am married, my wife is a SA citizen, I have been sponsored into SA by my daughter via means of a parent visa as we are both on pension. I do, not have a SA ID document as this I will only receive once I attain permanent residence. Can I divorce without SA ID? Please advise before I pay the funds. Many thanks. Rob
-- Rob Panter
@Rob Panter, I have already answered your query by email. You may still proceed with the DIY divorce. You may enter any 13 digit ID number when you complete the online application, we will amend it to your date of birth after your DIY Divorce documents have been generated. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
What happens if i meet up into a accident and claim fo RAF and my wife decides to divorce me. Can she take half of my RAF money.
-- Angelo
@Angelo, Having regard to your question I assume that you are married in community of property. Only funds paid for patrimonial damages falls into the joint estate and can be claimed by your spouse ie. damage related to your financial position. Non-patrimonial damages does not form part of your joint estate and cannot be claimed by your spouse ie. damages relating to pain and suffering. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Just did the test and although we are in agreement to get divorced our diy was declined any specific reason
-- Gill
That is strange. I will contact you directly to ascertain how you completed the test and what the problem may be. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Hi, I need to find out, if we are married out of community of property, but the house is registered in both our names before we got married, what happens then?
-- CMF Vermeulen
@Vermeulen I have sent you an email to discuss the situation in person. Ultimately you and your spouse can agree to many different scenarios, failing which I will discuss the legal position with you. I trust that you find it in order. Regards.
-- diylaw Administrator
Thank you so much for all the help and support to getting my divorce finalized. This service is great and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a quick and easy divorce. Thank you DiyLaw!
-- Gwen
Gwen, It is only our pleasure and we were happy to assist. We wish you all the best moving forward. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Goeie dag Riaan kan ek asb net iemand kontak oor n paar vrae wat ek het voordat ek voortgaan. Groete
-- Anneli Beukes
You may contact me directly. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Will you be able to assist even thou I am already Divorced 3 month's ago. We were only married for 6 month's when we got married she had no car, just a few furniture not even working. Now she want's a car my house and cash Please can you assist
-- Steph
Steph, Thank you for your comment. If you are already divorced DIY LAw will not be able to assist you. It seems however as if you have certain post-divorce issues, kindly contact Riaan Scheepers @ Cawood Attorneys for assistance in the matter. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Firstly, i want to thank Riaan and team for a super great service, i am happily divorced. I just want find out, now that we are divorced and my ex-husband was paying maitenance to his other kids, looks like he stopped and now the mother of the other child wants to summon me for maintenance. What are my legal rights?
-- Nokhaya
Nokhaya, Thank you for your comment, it is highly appreciated. The answer to your question is quite uncomplicated. You have no maintenance obligation to another woman's child, even if that child is with your husband, not even to mention if you are divorced from him. The mother of the child has no claim against you and her threats to do so is opportunistic to say the least. Regards
-- diylaw Administrator
Hi. Not sure if anyone can help. My mother in law and I have paid for the assistance but nothing has been done. We cannot get past step 1. I also cannot get any response from anyone via email. Am not even sure how to get my money reversed. Does anyone know how to help us.
-- Michelle Burgess
Mrs. Burgess, Please email me your contact details to so that we can resolve the issue.
-- diylaw Administrator