Having Trouble?

View what others have to say about this service or comment your questions and/or feedback.

Too personal? Send us an email at  riaan@cawoodlaw.co.za or click here to fill out our contact form.


DIY Admin
Tladi, Thank you for your comment. We will be able to assist you with the divorce, as long as both parties are in agreement with all terms regarding the divorce. You are welcome to take the DIY Law test to see if you qualify for a DIY Law divorce. If so, you may proceed, if not, you will be prompted to contact our affiliated attorneys. Regards,
Good evening Diylaw.I want to divorce My husband of 12 years.We have 2 minor children.We have been separated for 2 years now.I am.a stay home mom and he works at the mines meaning we have never stayed together since we got married. I have since(2017) filed for divorce via legal aid without any progress to date. Therefore I need your assistance with the divorce as soon as possible
Thank you for your comment. It is possible that you retain the immovable property in lieu of not claiming 50% of your wife's pension benefit (assuming that you are married in community of property) as long as both parties agree to it and signs such a settlement agreement. You are welcome to phone us to discuss the matter in more detail. Regards,
We are about to start the process of divorce and my wife doesn't want me to touch her pension fund. I am the one paying for the house and wish to keep it and leave her pension fund alone and still give her part of my pension fund. We only have one child who is 29yrs and married. Please give best advice.
DIY Admin
Nokhaya, Thank you for your comment, it is highly appreciated. The answer to your question is quite uncomplicated. You have no maintenance obligation to another woman's child, even if that child is with your husband, not even to mention if you are divorced from him. The mother of the child has no claim against you and her threats to do so is opportunistic to say the least. Regards,
Firstly, i want to thank Riaan and team for a super great service, i am happily divorced. I just want find out, now that we are divorced and my ex-husband was paying maitenance to his other kids, looks like he stopped and now the mother of the other child wants to summon me for maintenance. What are my legal rights?
DIY Admin
Gwen, It is only our pleasure and we were happy to assist. We wish you all the best moving forward. Regards,
Thank you so much for all the help and support to getting my divorce finalized. This service is great and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a quick and easy divorce. Thank you DiyLaw!
DIY Admin
Steph, Thank you for your comment. If you are already divorced DIY LAw will not be able to assist you. It seems however as if you have certain post-divorce issues, kindly contact Riaan Scheepers @ Cawood Attorneys for assistance in the matter. Regards,
DIY Admin
Angela, Thank you for your comment. It does not seem as if your divorce will be uncontested, and as such you will not qualify for a DIY Law Online Divorce. You are welcome to contact Riaan Scheepers @ Cawood Attorneys for assistance in the matter. Regards,
Angela Fortune
Hi I want to divorce my husband ,but he said he will not sighn the papers .We also have 3 children , he keeps telling me i want to brake up our family and that i will never take his kids .Please can you give me advise .He keeps chatting over and over we be together forever .I need help and i do not want to affect my kids
Will you be able to assist even thou I am already Divorced 3 month's ago. We were only married for 6 month's when we got married she had no car, just a few furniture not even working. Now she want's a car my house and cash Please can you assist
DIY Admin
Thank you for your comment. I have replied to your query to your email address due to the fact that you ask a loaded question. You are free to move where you want pending the divorce (right to freedom of movement). Just take note that the court you will use for the divorce must be where you reside at the time that the divorce is instituted. Regards,
How long Wil it take to get a divorce if I use u please I need to get money somewhere to divorce I'm not happy I'm my relationship and I want out and can I move on with my live wile the divorce go on can I move to another town or must I stay here and how dose everything work do u send his paper and mine do we have to be together for signing
DIY Admin
@Rob Panter, I have already answered your query by email. You may still proceed with the DIY divorce. You may enter any 13 digit ID number when you complete the online application, we will amend it to your date of birth after your DIY Divorce documents have been generated. Regards
Rob Panter
Good day, I am a Zimbabwe citizen, living in SA for the last 3 years. I am married, my wife is a SA citizen, I have been sponsored into SA by my daughter via means of a parent visa as we are both on pension. I do, not have a SA ID document as this I will only receive once I attain permanent residence. Can I divorce without SA ID? Please advise before I pay the funds. Many thanks. Rob
DIY Admin
@Mrs. Venter, You have come to the right place. DIY Law will definitely be able to assist you with an uncontested divorce. We will contact you as requested. Regards
Good day Diylaw. I need assistance in starting my divorce process. My husband and I are in agreement. Can someone contact me please. Regards
DIY Admin
@Moose, Fair comment having regard to the way that services are provided in SA, or the lack thereof. You are assured of our best service and that you will receive the divorce documents with a step-by-step guide on how to proceed with the divorce in person. Further communication will be sent to your email address in due course.
Hi.. I want to do my divorce online with you guys but now how do i trust that you will send me my papers after i have payed the fee
DIY Admin
@Angelo, Having regard to your question I assume that you are married in community of property. Only funds paid for patrimonial damages falls into the joint estate and can be claimed by your spouse ie. damage related to your financial position. Non-patrimonial damages does not form part of your joint estate and cannot be claimed by your spouse ie. damages relating to pain and suffering. Regards,
What happens if i meet up into a accident and claim fo RAF and my wife decides to divorce me. Can she take half of my RAF money.
DIY Admin
@Helena, That ia an extremely loaded question which we will gladly answer with more information from you. In essence it will boil down to a 50/50 division of the joint estate, unless the parties agree otherwise. Regards,
Helena Snyman
we are married in community what advice do you have for me?
Diy Admin
@Vermeulen I have sent you an email to discuss the situation in person. Ultimately you and your spouse can agree to many different scenarios, failing which I will discuss the legal position with you. I trust that you find it in order. Regards.
CMF Vermeulen
Hi, I need to find out, if we are married out of community of property, but the house is registered in both our names before we got married, what happens then?
Diy Admin
@clint Because you handle the divorce yourself, it will depend on the time you take to follow the step by step guide that will be provided to you. It also depends on where the court dates of your local court is. It shouldn't however take more than 2-3 months to finalise. It can be much sooner though. Regards
Hi If i make of your services and there are no contesting or policies or children or any assets involved and both parties agree to set out documents. How long will the divorce take to go through
DIY Admin
@Itumeleng, Your query below is a loaded question (as it depends on many factors) that I will be happy to advise you on. I will send you a direct email to get into contact with you.
I just need to find out my husband is not a member of pension fund will I be expected to give him his shares within two months? And his car was repossessed plus the house its in my name,but I have a house bond a a car which I'm still paying basically this two still belong to the bank though they are in my name do we have to share those too the house and the car
DIY Admin
@Zelda, Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are glad to know that the process is going seamlessly. Regards,
Big big Thank you to the DIYLaw team. I must admit that moment when I pushed the 'pay button' my heart stood still.... praying that I made the right choice and that my money did not just vanish into the unknown. You returned my email within 10 minutes. I was so relieved. After al the sad and bad it was a bit of hope that things will be ok! Every detail and explanation helped me to within one week finalize the paperwork and collect a court date. If you are a potential client and like me pondering the option of using this company you can go for it and push thay 'pay' button! Take the first step! Its worth the effort. Again thank you DIYLaw.
DIY Admin
@ John Bennett, you should be able to obtain a re-issue of your divorce order from the court where you were divorced. We will communicate with you further via email. Regards
John Bennett
I am trying to track down my certificate after DIY divorce through you guys in 2012. How do I start?
Riaan Scheepers
You may contact me directly. riaan@cawoodlaw.co.za. Regards,
Anneli Beukes
Goeie dag Riaan kan ek asb net iemand kontak oor n paar vrae wat ek het voordat ek voortgaan. Groete
Riaan Scheepers
Hi Reinette, You will still be able to do the divorce via DIY Law. We will just have to work on the content of the settlement agreement to conform to your specific needs. Regards,
We are married in community of property. We don't have minor children. We have agreed that my husband wont have any claim to our house or my provident fund. I will pay his medical aid for 3 years. Will this service work for me?
Riaan Scheepers
Hi, Trisha. You will have to attend Court. The good news is that you receive a step by step guide to ensure that all is ready for your Court appearance and it is not something that you should be concerned about. Regards,.
Hi, By using this service am I still required to go to court ?
Riaan Scheepers
Hi Marian. DIY Law is a great option to exercise to do the divorce as quick and cheap as possible. DIY divorce was created with people like you in mind.
Marian C Madejski
Good day, My husband and I want to get divorced but do not have the funds as we are both pensioners and funds are very low. Please advise what we could do to finalize this matter as soon as possible
Riaan Scheepers
That is strange. I will contact you directly to ascertain how you completed the test and what the problem may be. Regards
Just did the test and although we are in agreement to get divorced our diy was declined any specific reason
Riaan Scheepers
Nombuso, Thank you for your comment. DIY Law Divorce is just the service for you. You may proceed to the Home page of DIY Law, and follow the 4 easy steps. After payment is made in Step 2, you will be directed to complete the forms. Once completed, the PDF documents will be sent to your email address, along with a step-by-step guide on how to proceed with the divorce in person. Regards
Nombuso Ndlovu
I would like to get divorced ASAP. I'm unemployed and have very little savings. How do I begin. Please help
Riaan Scheepers
You may send it to riaan@cawoodlaw.co.za.
nancy hornsby
Dear Riaan, Thank you for your prompt response. I sent an email to info@diylaw.co.za. I do not wish to post my email address here on a public forum. Is there an alternative email address to which I can also send?
Riaan Scheepers
We will be able to assist you with your divorce. I have already sent you an email requesting your contact details so that we can discuss the matter.
I am a very sad and unhappily married woman. I'm married out of community without accrual. Things between us have been bad, we live like housemates, been for years now. My husband is planning on taking a second wife and I asked him to please divorce me if that's what's going to happen but he is refusing. I'm treated like a child and don't have freedom. I need help.